Title:Sin : The alternate ending.Disclaimer: Vampire Knight does not belong to me, neither does 'Sin', which is Eden's.Characters:
Kazue, Manami, Chikara, Senri, Yuki, Zero, Night Class and some random person!~ [You'll see what I am talking about soon.]Genre:Paranoia, Paranormal and Tragedy. -AGAIN. BWAHAHA.-Summary:In case someone in particular isn't happy with the ending of the original 'Sin', I have created an ALTERNATIVE ending.Note:EVEN IF THIS IS A CHANGE IN THE ENDING, THIS WILL NOT NECCESARILY MAKE YOU HAPPY. THANK YOU. [(c) Seki]Note II:Please read 'Sin' by Eden before this, and, Part II and III will be out... Indefinately.--
Silver...
That's it. Silver. All I need was for someone to stab me with something silver... Or, I do it myself.
The knife on that platter... That'd do just fine.
I leveled the knife to my neck, taking a deep breath before putting in as much pressure I could.
This is the end.
--
I felt the silver knife piercing deep into my throat, cold metal through my warm skin. Instinctively, I dropped the utensil, as my blood stained the floor crimson.
Loud footsteps.
"How long have you left her in there?" Ah. I thought I'd never hear that voice again.
"About... 20 minutes...?" Yuki Cross.
"Any sharp objects, particularly one that can threaten a Vampire's mortality?" His voice again. He sounds worried... I wonder why..
"Wait... Are you thinking that she took my earlier remark seriously?!" Zero, my half-brother..,
"I... don't know..." Yuki.
"I'll go and check the CCTV. I'm sure that she won't do something that stupid." Zero again...
The footsteps are growing louder.
They're probably near the door now...
Suddenly, liquid fire burns in my throat, causing me to double over in pain and cough loudly, as a scream pierces the air.
It takes a second to realize that it's mine.
--
The door now crashes open, Senri at the front, Yuki at the back of it.
"Kazue! Oh my god... Kazue!" He dashes across the room in one quick stride, scooping me into his arms as my broken shrieks continue to stab [the air.]
He covers my throat with his hands in a futile effort to staunch the wound, but I guess I did a much better job than I thought.
"Crap... Her blood is flowing out way too fast...!"
He turns around and spots Yuki frozen in the doorway, obviously 'admiring' my bloody peccadillo. Her hand is covered over her mouth and she cowers, her body shaking with fear at the sight.
"Yuki! What the hell are you doing?! Call the ambulance already! At this rate, she's going to..."
He doesn't have to complete the sentence when has already run off on his orders.
She really didn't need to.
Even a fool would know that it is not going to make it here in time.
"Kazue... Kazue, it's okay..." He turns back to me, clasping my hand tighter as my voice recedes.
Something wet drips from his eyes...
Tears.
...Senri...
He's crying...
Why is he crying...?
"Kazue..."
Because he's sad.
Why... is he sad...?
"Kazue, don't slip away! Listen to me!"
Because you're dying.
Why is.. dying... sad?
"Zero, she's going into shock!"
Because all that is precious to you will be lost.
Forever.
...
No...
I can't die yet...
He's alive...
I... I haven't told him how I felt yet!
I don't want to die!
Why... Why can't I speak?!
Don't take him away from me!
"Senri, her eyes are dilating..."
"Why isn't the bloody ambulance here yet, Yuki?!" He sounds... So desperate now...
"What?! She cut her throat with THAT butter knife?!" Zero Nii-san...
"It's the only thing covered with her blood, aside from the flooring and Senri."
"She even tried to jump out of the window just now! I saw it!" ... Yeah... That was pretty stupid....
My sight is fading...
But... But I need to tell him something...!
It's really important...!
Summoning all of my last willpower and strength, I grasped Senri's hand one last time and looked into his silver eyes...
"I... I... Love... You...
... Sen...Ri..."
My hand slumps to the floor, and I close my eyes. I've done all I could. But... I refuse... To accept... This Fate...!
"No way... Imoto-chan!" My elder brother...
"Kazue-chan!!" Yuki...
Senri's last anguished cry...
"KAZUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!"
--
It's so dark and cold here...
Why am I... Feeling anything...?
Didn't I just stab myself with that knife?
Or was it a few years ago?
What's this clanking sound behind me?
Where's Senri?
I'm scared...
--
The whole atmosphere of the place was dead.
It was total blackness, yet something I was standing on was solid. No wind, no sun, no sky.
Just nothing.
It led to nowhere in sight, for I could turn left, right, travel up or backwards, with no change in my altitude whatsoever.
However, there was always this clinking, clanging sound whenever I made a movement. It was so disturbing and eerie. Walking without a course, never feeling hungry nor tired.
I was in a place where everything was... 'Infinite'.
--
I did not know how much time had passed, when I saw a white light illuminating in a direction.
It was like a new, foreign element to me, after not seeing anything for so long. Refreshing, yet terrifying.
But I ran for it, and was even more delighted to know that it did approach me. It did not shrink away, nor dim.
The clanking grew deafening, but I didn't care.
Anything to get away from this place...!
--
Approaching the light, I stopped short, and looked at the spectacle.
It was beautiful, yet not.
There was a single pathway leading into this 'light'.
To the right of this paved flagstone,
The place was brimming with life. Birds of every size and color flew in the air, animals frolicked and chased each other in gurgling streams, and the trees were bountiful with fruit and greenery.
However... To the left of the path... It was totally devoid of life. Nothing but a wasteland, no sound, no being. It was nearly a copy of the place I was standing in.
Without hesitation, I followed the path. I did not know where it would take me, I just walked. Listening to everything, and nothing.
A total balance of each.
--
I eventually found myself nearing the end of the path, relieved.
Right in the middle of the end, stood an ornate triple-tiered fountain, where a lady clothed in a silver dress that seemed to sway in a non-existant breeze, sat.
"Interesting... No one has visited me for an expanse of time..."
A voice devoid of emotion. I didn't even know if it was female or male.
"Come here, child."
My feet advanced without a second thought.
I now stood directly in front of this individual, not knowing where to start. I had so many questions to ask.
The woman took a full-length perspective of me with her sapphire eyes, before handing me a set of clothes.
"Bathe. Change. You'd feel much more better then. You are bruised beyond compare."
It gestured to a stream a short distance away, where I went with the clothes without a word.
How could she command me so...?
Looking into the river, I realized that it did not reflect anything.
Not even myself.
Was I even EXISTING?
This hadn't occured to me.
Taking a wash in the stream, I felt slightly better, though not exactly appeased.
The entity was in the same position, sitting at the fountain, observing me.
It gestured for me to sit opposite.
"Now. Since you are fully dressed, I expect you have plenty of questions to ask me."
Damn straight. This individual didn't know how much.
"Speak. I will try my best to answer them."
The first one shot out of my mouth without a pause.
"Where am I?"
"You are Here."
"That did not exactly answer my question."
"I meant, that you are in a place called, Here." He also gestured to the bottom-most tier of the fountain, it's waters cascading down slowly in an interesting shape.
I did not know what to say to that, so I continued on.
"Who are you?"
"I am Everything, and Nothing."
"..."
"Or, if you'd like a more... Humane term, you can call me 'Skuld'. I'm a female, as you are.. [I wanted to put 'Pocky' as a joke, but it'll spoil the atmosphere xD;;]
"..."
"And what is yours, fair maiden?"
"I am female?"
"Yes, you are. Unless... You can't remember?"
... My... Name?
What is my name?
Who am I?
WHAT am I?
Skuld probably saw a look that struck her odd, for she sought for something to seal the gap of silence.
"Look here, this fountain."
"Do you know what the tiers signify?"
I shake my 'head'.
Skuld pointed to the top-most layer with a gloved hand. "In human terms, which you are, mostly, it signifies Asgard, Celestia or Heaven, in whatever ways you have. Angels and divine beings reside there."
"The middle, is Midgard. Where the mortals live, tainted and not. It has the most life, but also the most corruption and death. Starting to remember?"
I nod, now recognizing many parts of my being, though... What are these weird circles on my hands? And it's connected with something...
"Bottom, Urdgard. The Netherlands. Hell. Where all the dead and spirits serve their sentences or await reincarnation."
She notices me staring at the 'circles', but with no recognition in my eyes.
"... Do you know why you're here?" She asks suddenly, shattering my train of thought.
"No. I don't."
"How did you get here?"
"I don't know."
I started to describe everything I had felt, the blackness, the fright, and that infernal clanking sound always reverberating behind me, while he listened without a single word.
"Poor lost one." She said as I finished.
"Look behind you."
And when I followed my 'connecting circles' from my hands to behind, I saw many things.
No, I wasn't talking about the scenery.
There were so many links connected to one another, each one reflecting an image, like the many faucets of a crystal.
A big house with rose-brambled bushes.
A man with spectacles and ash-colored hair...
The person I saw at a donut shop once.
Another with brown hair, red liquid on his hands and feet.
I could only stare at that red liquid... And feel something overwhelm me.
Hunger.
Skuld used her hands to turn my head around, and told me gently, "Those are your memories."
"Memories?"
"Things that have happened in your past life."
"I have a life?"
"Yes, you do. Now, what do you remember of this?"
She now opened the palm of her hand, where that very same liquid pooled on it, it's carmine color enrapturing me within.
It smelt like euphoria, and I could almost taste it between my lips.
I want it.
I NEED it.
NOW.
I lunged at Skuld's hand, wanting to drag it to my mouth, I wanted it that very second.
However, a shield slammed between him and me, and I fell to the floor, crouching in a pouncing stance.
Skuld snapped her fingers, and that euphoria, everything vanished.
"Looks like you do remember, after all."
"That was Blood. The essence of almost every being, including myself."
"Blood...?"
"Yes. Those chains that bound you are also known as, the 'Chains of Conviction'. It also seems that you have a great many of them." He replied.
"Did you attempt suicide, and unfortunately, suceed?"
"... I don't know... I don't remember..."
Skuld peered at me from her spot and seemed to think, before she said, "Look into the fountain's waters, lost one, and you will understand, as well as remember, everything."
I obeyed.
--
The water swirled in front of my eyes, revealing a tall girl with long blue hair, laughing with a set of people dressed in white uniforms.
"Haha! Come on, stop being so dirty!" My... voice?
"It is a fact! Stop trying to hide it, Kazue!" Takuma Ichijou. Wait... How did I know that?
--
It swirled again, revealing another image.
The brown-haired Kaname Kuran, one of the two purebloods of our cohort, was handing me a vial of red pills.
"Aw, Kaname, not more of these!" My voice again.
"It's to make sure you don't go on a rampage. And stop adding it into your Hot Chocolate." Kaname reprimands, though with a joking tone to his voice.
"Damn right. It made my beloved Hot Chocolate taste like Sewage water..." I whined.
"Heh. Same reaction as Senri, eh?"
Senri?
--
"Did you have fun?" Senri Shiki, with a hand around my waist.
"You know coming to the fairground is always fun, especially when you're around!~" I hug Senri happily, wishing that the moment could never end.
--
"Gaaaah!! We're about to be laaattee!!~~" Manami shouts with her musical voice and we race down the hallway.
"Could you not sound so happy about it?! You were the one who was dawdling with that Chocolate Gateau, writing 'I luv Idol' all over the place!" The silver haired Chikara, the slightly more studious one. Also half-sister to my beloved.
"Forget it, Mr.Yagari is going to exact his judgement on us if we don't step it! Less talk, more chop!" Me.
That was when I was with my best friends having breakfast, and Chikara even took the trouble to wake us early, too...
--
The water finally clears.
My final scene.
I watched myself cut my own throat.
I saw Yuki in the doorway.
I observed Zero lying against the wall, repeating, "I am such an idiot...!" over and over.
I saw Senri crying out my name.
--
"This... is part of your future." Skuld tells me.
--
He was sitting in his room, dry tears marking his face. Pictures of me in good health and happiness were scattered haphazardly around his usually tidy room.
"Nii-san. How long are you going to sit here?" Chikara entered the room with a polite knock, holding a tray laden with food and a filled wine glass.
"Forever. Until she comes back." Senri's voice was dead and monotone, the way a soulless shell would react.
"... She's already gone, Nii-san. Even Kaname-sama cannot raise the dead." She replied, pointing out the blatant truth to him, as gently as she could.
"..." He could say nothing to her, but fresh tears flowed down his face, his eyes empty and far.
"Nii-san, you have to eat, or at least drink this. You haven't fed for a few days already..." Chikara tried to hand the wine glass to her 'dead' half-brother, but he simply flung it across the wall, and watched it shatter to pieces.
She noticed Senri's pupils glowing crimson, and before she could back off, he had her pinned to the wall, forcing her to look into his eyes.
The tray crashed onto the floor, resounding loudly in his room.
"I know you've been giving your blood to that bastard Zero... Do you think you can dare to give it to your own brother as well?" He asked her, licking the side of her throat hungrily, feeling her blood rush up her veins.
"Get a hold of yourself, Ni--Ngh...!" Chikara was cut off mid-sentence as Senri sunk his fangs deep into her throat, triggering a hysterical scream as her lifeblood was drained rapidly, while he, mad with rage and grief, only concentrated on saiting his temptation.
The door immediately slammed open, revealing Zero holding his loaded Bloody Rose.
In horror, he could only watch helplessly as Chikara soon stopped thrashing around, drooping unconscious and pale in front of a now-satisfied rampaging vampire.
"You... You monster!" Zero started to raise his gun, but even he knew he was no match for a Vampire that had just satiated it's hunger...
Not to mention that it was of similar bloodline.
Flinching as Senri disarmed him forcefully, they initiated an armlock battle, though Zero could easily feel his joints dislocating in this losing battle.
"Just because of you... You and your STUPID REMARK... YOU KILLED KAZUE!" Senri roared with anger, his red eyes flaming like hot coals as they bored into Zero.
"It was an accident, DID YOU THINK THAT I WANTED MY OWN SISTER TO DIE?!" Zero retorted back, his own vampiric power awakening inside him as they fought with each other viciously, when Zero's subconsciousness knew Chikara's time was running out if she didn't get help soon...
"Zero, Senior Shiki, stop this now!" Yuki Cross leapt in between the two duelists, brandishing 'Artemis' in her hands.
"Stay out of this, Yuki! This is something that I have to fight alone! Go help Chikara!" Zero snarled at the girl, eyeing the fallen girl worriedly on the other side of the room, motionless.
"Hah, you think you can stop me with those weak arms and that bamboo pole of yours?! Kaname looks too highly upon you, mortal!" So saying, he ripped 'Artemis' out of her fingers and flung her to the doorway.
--
I didn't know that I was gripping myself subconsciously as I watched the fountain ripple, then fade the image away.
It was so real...
Did Senri really get that furious?
Skuld waited for me to see everything, like tapes to a recorded past.
"Do you know who you are now?"
"Kazue, Vampire, half-sister to Zero, Lover to Senri, dweller of the Moon Dormitory."
"That's correct. Now, I will ask you again. Do you know why you are here?"
I shake my head.
"What did you do at the very last minute?"
"... I wished with all my heart to refuse my self-created death."
"Exactly. Those chains behind you, are the things you have not left behind."
I turn back once more. It's a great multitide of them...
"Do you want to return to the present?"
I nod furiously, there was nothing I wanted but that.
"However, I regret to remind you that you are already dead."
"I refuse to accept it."
"Death is something that everyone will come to accept only with time, dear child."
"I do not believe my time is up yet. I don't want to leave Senri. I don't want to leave my friends. I will NOT WASTE AWAY HERE, FOR I DO NOT ACCEPT THIS FATE!" I shouted loudly at Skuld, without knowing why.
"..."
We stare at each other.
"Then hear my words, Kazue Kiriyu." She said in a regal tone.
"I understand that you want much more time, but even with my powers, I am only allowed to grant you... Just this amount."
"I, Skuld the Norn, Guardian of the Future, grant you an exact amount of 3 days, 72 hours, to return to the Mortal world, as a vampire, and subordinate under juristiction of Kaname Kuran."
"When your time is up, you will be reduced to the elements, and will unite back to Nature as one, and as you were before."
She holds up a small timepiece.
"The amount of time that has passed since your untimely death is exactly 49 hours, 34 minutes, 25 seconds."
"Take this along with you. You may choose to disclose your purpose in your World, or keep it a secret to all."
"Godspeed, Tainted one. Your time starts now."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My firsstt post~ Please comment or be fed to the juggernaut. :3
How is it? I think I pale in comparision to the original writer... Since, it's not MY own character I'm in continuation about...
~Seki-Unde